Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring is here!


It’s hard to even think about if things are going well.  Some days I feel great anxiety when I think about all the things going on in my life, which is silly really.  If I take a few breaths and look at the big picture, I can calm down again.  I am happy with my life, everything that happens is due to something I chose, and I can’t complain.  I am unhappy with how I keep treating myself though.  I keep making choices that aren’t best for my health.  I have gained weight instead of lost it, completely due to poor choices.  I am so good at telling other people how to get it done, but I never take my own advice.  This time does seem worse than others, usually I can at least get into a great routine for at least a month or so, but not this time.

However, there is more to life than lamenting about my lack of willpower!  This was such a busy week filled with little moments.  My husband is frustrated with his work, so he’s coming home at a decent hour each night which leads to less stress for him, and my daughter having her daddy home.  I picked my daughter up from her Nana’s one night, went to Sparks the next, then a story time at her school another night.  Today we went with one of her friends to the movies and had her over for a playdate.  It was nice to see two little girls playing in the Spring sunshine with my two dogs while my husband was doing yard work.  I love how they run and play without caring what other people think, I hope she can hang onto that for a long time yet.  Tomorrow is her last skating lesson but I wish they could go on.  It’s good exercise for her, both physically and emotionally.  My daughter has a hard time with strangers, even just walking by them.  To see her skating with so many people she doesn’t know makes me happy.  It will be bittersweet for me too as I get to chat with a friend while we watch our girls, occasionally partaking in arena fare or just a tea.

Everyone in my house is asleep and it’s very early.  All the fresh air today did them in while I just breathed in windex and toilet bowl cleaner…  Right now I’m working on hubbies birthday cake for his dinner tomorrow.  My daughter wants to decorate it so   I want to get it done and cooled by tomorrow morning.  I’ll be off to bed at a decent time though, I want to wake up early and exercise.  It’s a new week and I may as well try again to be healthy…

Enjoy the Spring!

1 comment:

  1. I heart you! You are inspirational in how dedicated you are to your family and how you seem to pull everything together despite all the obstacles. You just need to move yourself up on the priority list a bit. You're the whole package, and I'm so glad I know you.

    ReplyDelete